Only after you have registered as an elector can you exercise your right to vote in the Legislative Council and District Council elections. If you are a Hong Kong permanent resident aged 18 or above, and ordinarily reside in Hong Kong, you are eligible to sign up as a geographical constituency elector. If you are not a registered elector and you wish to be registered in a geographical constituency, you must complete the application form “Application for New Registration/Report on Change of Particulars by an Elector in a Geographical Constituency” (REO-GC).
Starting from the 2022 voter registration cycle, the final register of electors will be published annually in September. The statutory deadline for new registration application and report on change of particulars in a geographical constituency is 2 June of each year.
Note: The address proof requirement for new voter registration will be implemented with effect from 1 May 2022.
Download a form here (in PDF format) and submit the form
- (open in new window)<
REO-GC (English Version)
You can also obtain the application form by following ways -
- by fax through calling the hotline on 2891 1001; and
- at District Offices, management offices of public housing estates and the Registration and Electoral Office.
Addresses of the Registration and Electoral Office:
10/F, Harbour Centre, 25 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
13/F, Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre, 1 Trademart Drive, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon
- Under the law, you should provide true and accurate information when completing the voter registration form. A person who knowingly or recklessly makes any statement which is false or incorrect in a material particular or knowingly omits any material particular commits an offence under the law.
- You are encouraged to provide or update your email address on a voluntary basis. The email address will be provided to the candidates concerned for the purpose of sending election advertisements.
- If you do not wish to receive election advertisements sent by candidates, please call 2891 1001 to update your records. Your preference will be conveyed to the candidates at the elections.
- The Registration and Electoral Office will issue registration notices by post after completion of processing the application for new voter registration. For enquiries, please call 2891 1001.