Only after you have registered as an elector can you exercise your right to vote in the Legislative Council and District Council elections. If you are a Hong Kong permanent resident aged 18 or above, and ordinarily reside in Hong Kong, you are eligible to sign up as a geographical constituency elector. If you are not a registered elector and you wish to be registered in a geographical constituency, you must complete the application form “Application for New Voter Registration (Geographical Constituencies)” (REO-1).
Download a form here (in PDF format) and submit the form
- (open in new window)<
REO-1 (English Version)
You can also obtain the application form by following ways -
- by fax through calling the hotline on 2891 1001; and
- at District Offices, management offices of public housing estates and the Registration and Electoral Office.
Addresses of the Registration and Electoral Office:
10/F, Harbour Centre, 25 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
13/F, Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre, 1 Trademart Drive, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon
- Under the law, you should provide true and accurate information when completing the voter registration form. A person who knowingly or recklessly makes any false or incorrect statement or gives information which is materially false or misleading in a voter registration application commits an offence under the law.
- You are encouraged to provide or update your email address on a voluntary basis. The email address will be provided to the candidates concerned for the purpose of sending election advertisements.
- If you do not wish to receive election advertisements sent by candidates, please call 2891 1001 to update your records. Your preference will be conveyed to the candidates at the elections.
- The Registration and Electoral Office will issue registration notices by post after completion of processing the application for new voter registration. For enquiries, please call 2891 1001.